Join us on June 24, 2017 for the sixth annual Highland on the Rideau
Join us for the sixth annual Highland on the Rideau on June 24, 2017.
- Free Admission.
- Free Parking
- Amateur Solo Piping and Drumming Events
- Pipe Band Competitions for Grades 3 through 5
- Massed Bands
- Highland Dance Competition
- 78th Fraser Highlander of Ottawa Musket Squad demonstration
- Kids splash pad and play structures
- A variety of Scottish and other vendors
- Food vendors
- Beer Garden
We will be accepting donations for the food bank
June 24, 2017. Mark it in your calendars.
- 9:00 am: Highland Dancing starts
- 9:00 am: Piping Solo starts
- 10:00 am: Drum Solo starts
- 12:00 pm: Hornpipe/Jig Trio
- 12:30 pm: 78th Fraser Highlanders Musket Demonstration
- 2:00 pm: Band Competition starts
- 3:45 pm: Massed Band
Our venue is the same as last year, at Lower Reach Park. Lower Reach Park is down the canal from downtown Smiths Falls. It is across from the Heritage House Museum on Old Sly's Road. See the map.
Lower Reach Park features a splash pad and play structures. The Kinsmen Club will be offering a beer service from their air conditioned building.
View Larger Map